Friday, February 3, 2012

Crazy Hair

     This past week was Crazy Hair night at Awana and it was crazy in more than just hair.  Since it was crazy hair night and I don't have a lot of hair on top of my head, I let my daughter fill my beard with berets and I got  a lot of laughs as a result but I had even more laughs later.

     Because of the flu, our main leader was not able to be their which means the game leader has to take over opening ceremonies - he was late and since I'm the back-up game leader it fell on me so I got things rolling. and latter due to our story teller being on vacation I did the story with the use of my puppets and their crazy hair and the kids loved it.

     Another reason for the night being so crazy is where we were doing things.  While we started in the normal location, we had to move half way across the school for our game time because another group was taking over the gyms we are normally in and than after game time we went to another area for story time.  It was a crazy night but we survived.

     Other than Awana the week was typical - I guess we did have a sick little girl for awhile but you wouldn't know it now.

No comments: