Saturday, January 28, 2012

I'm Not That Crazy

     On Friday I drove the family to Buena Vista for their yearly ski trip.  My wife had planed to get on the road about 6:30 but it was after 7:00 before we left and than before we were even a mile from the house we had to turn around because of forgotten items.  The drive itself started out great but turned nasty about half way there.  With a windshield wiper that didn't want to work correctly, heavy snow coming down and unplowed roads, I was down to35 mph but we arrived safely at the slopes and about an hour later the snow quit and the sun came out.

     At the slopes, I stayed indoors and took care of the 2 year old as I'm not crazy enough to ski - I prefer to keep my limbs in one unbroken. The other six kids had a great time skiing and snow boarding.  At one point I did have to have my wife help change a messy diaper.  It wasn't because I was unable but it was so bad it was a two person job and it was smelling up the entire third floor of the chalet.

     After a quick stop at Grandma and Grandpas afterwards for some mashed potatoes and gravy and to drop the oldest off for a few days we hit the road for home. A stop at McDonalds on the way through Baudette gave us a chance to stretch and we were given some pies  and than we were soon home only to find it had not snowed.

     Besides the ski trip the week was busy including my wife's trip to Thief River Falls for a dentist appointment and shopping, A trip to Roseau for my Daughter's senior pictures. take a picture with Sparky night at Awana, staying late at work to do some training and my wife's trip to the side walk banging up her knee.

I wonder what next week will bring?

No comments: