Friday, January 13, 2012

Tenting, Testing, Tripping and Books

     Last night it was 5 below zero, last night 2 of my girls slept in a tent - in the living room. Beyond that not too many crazy things happened this week around our house hold.

     The kids have been busy doing their CAT tests and the oldest got started on her college classes she's taking on-line.

     On Wednesday I was part of a group from my department at work that took a trip to our Grafton plant for a tour. It was an interesting trip and I decided to sit in the back of the big van to see what it was like since my kids always sit in the back of our big van.  Because of the trip I think I was on the clock for almost 12 hours.  It was a long day and when I got home I turned around and went back to town to guard  a hot tub - from within it.  It was swim night for the Awana club of which I'm one of the leaders and the kids are not allowed in the hot tub but of course that's where they all want to go.

     The last of my books that I ordered with the gift cards I got for Christmas arrived this week.  The books - 8 in total - all revolve around apologetics in some way.  The books I got include
  • The Creation Answers Book
  • Alien Intrusion
  • Darwin's Demise
  • Refuting Compromise
  • Evolution Exposed
  • Icons of Evolution
  • If God, Why Evil?
  • The 10 Most Important Things You Can Say to a Mormon
     I should have plenty to read for awhile.  I still have more books I want but they'll have to wait.

No comments: